Gabriel Richard Catholic will be accepting resume’s for the Girls Varsity Head Coaching Position. Please submit a cover Letter, resume and references to: Gabriel Richard Catholic, Att: Kris Daiek, 15325 Pennsylvania, Riverview, MI 48192 or email at email@example.com
Gabriel Richard Catholic (Riverview) is currently seeking a Head Coach for Women’s Basketball. Gabriel Richard is part of the Detroit Catholic School League and competes in the A-South Division. This individual must be able to help develop and educate student athletes who will compete at the highest level in basketball. The qualified individual will oversee the freshman/junior varsity program. Finally, the successful candidate will have characteristics consistent with the culture of character, excellence and ethics that define Gabriel Richard Catholic Athletics.
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the day to day operations of the women’s basketball team, including but not limited to:
- Plan, organize and conduct tryouts and practices.
- Select, supervise and coach the players on the team.
- Develop an annual plan for the program which will address competitive schedules, practice schedules, and conditioning programs etc.
- Assist in monitoring academic progress of student athletes and work collaboratively with the department.
- Coordinate team meetings.
- Public appearance commitments to promote the program.
- Responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations of the Athletic Department, CHSL and MHSAA.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships among peers.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the school, community, alumni, departmental personnel, high school coaches, media, and the general public.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with all area basketball coaches surrounding the downriver area.
- Successful record as high school coach, preferably within MHSAA.
- Knowledge of MHSAA and CHSL rules and regulations
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills including ability to establish and build a good rapport and effective working relationships with student athletes, coaches, assistant coaches, administrators, faculty and staff, alumni, professional colleagues, the community or general public and representatives of local and national affiliations..
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the schools mission.